You have now entered the 11th grade and need to begin by narrowing your search for schools. You
will need to stay organized and keep copies of everything. Also track important dates and deadlines. Other action items
- Keep your grades up.
- Review your Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) results with your counselor and retake
the PSAT if needed for the National Merit Scholarship.
- Request brochures and catalogs from schools, attend college fairs and begin on-site school
- Talk with your friends that are currently in college, about their schools.
- Discover what is meant by PSAT, SAT, ACT, EFC, FAFSA, etc by viewing the "Definitions" tab
located in the SLFC Toolkit.
- Take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and ACT in the spring
- Review your financial needs for college and start weighing your options. Utilize the Planning
and Gap Calculators located in the SLFC Toolkit.
SLFC also provides tools that can help select a career, search for a college, calculators to
assist with determining the cost of attending the college and ways to finance your education. Go to SLFC's Toolkit for assistance.